Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 28

My head is as empty as a hollow gourd today. I considered not writing because I can't seem to latch onto a thought for more than a minute or two. Then I thought, why not just focus on my present state and just see where it goes?



I am feeling calm, relaxed, at ease. This is interesting given that my last blog was focused on how uptight I was feeling. Was that a mere 24 hours ago? Perhaps I am a rapid cycling bi-polar. Most people I know experience these kinds of tectonic emotional shifts on a regular basis. One minute we're up, the next minute we're down. I suspect it's fairly normal (whatever that means).



My wise-woman-friend Leeanne told me something I have been pondering for months. She said that our feelings are really only good for one thing, they point us to our needs. That really blew my mind. First, because I had always invested so much in feelings, like they were jewels to be mined and polished and displayed. And second because I had never considered their actual usefulness.



Yesterday I had some unmet needs. I needed ease and order and tranquility. Today my needs are being satisfied. I had a good time with my friends last night which seemed to fill me up. Today I enjoyed a relatively stress free day at home with the person I love.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment