Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 27

I love the saying "wound a little tight" as in "Wow, she is wound a little tight." I like it because it so describes how I feel at times, like today. I feel like an old clock with springs about to burst.

I went to a meeting today for an organization that I am committed to but frustrated with. I am impatient and want action - NOW! I got a letter from the graduate school telling me that I still need to take a couple of classes in order to complete my degree - a degree I have been working on for almost 5 years. At the moment I am trapped in red tape. In order to prove myself worthy of a PhD I must untangle myself. Bureaucracy sucks! I am having friends over for dinner. Sounds fun, right? It will be if I manage to quit worrying about my lack of domestic talent. Clearly I am not Martha Stewart. In fact I nearly flunked 8th grade home economics and never set foot in a classroom with ovens and sewing machines again. So, why do I care if my pasta is al dente and my bread is store bought?

Oh yeah, I need to breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment