Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 120

I think I am finally ready to put the whole issue of my dissertation and my degree to bed (yeah right, who am I kidding). I think that I made some significant progress in processing the whole mess.

It was Louis' words about beauty and how that's what he is sharing with his students. When I started school I was looking for Truth. Over time I came to realize that the big T, Truth does not exist. Truth is always shifting and changing; it is contextual. My inquiry then became a search for beauty.

The title of my dissertation is: Can You See the Beauty? The beauty was in the stories of the men that I interviewed. The theory, the analysis, it all just gets in the way. I wish that I had been able to convey that to my committee. I'm glad I understand it now. I hope that it is something I can use to guide my work in the future.

Keats said:

Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all ye need to know on earth and all ye need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment