Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 115

I am at a loss for words. To be more accurate, I don't have much to say (or write as the case may be). I can't seem to identify a suitable topic to write about or I pinpoint a topic and begin to write only to find that it leads me to a dead end. I flit from one subject to another, refusing to stay grounded long enough to fully develop my ideas. My thoughts are scattered and disorganized.

I suspect that this affliction is somehow related to the recent completion of my dissertation. I was focused on that project for so long, now that it is complete I am unsure what to do with myself. Frankly, I am unsure who I am without the project to define me.

It may sound strange but I think I need to spend some time cleaning house. I find housework to be therapeutic: cleaning out the clutter, getting rid of the cobwebs and debris, clearing the slate for something new. It's time to break out the carpet cleaner and dust rags. It's impossible to start a new life in a dirty house.

No comments:

Post a Comment