Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 181

I am fortunate to have some really brilliant, creative, dynamic friends. I feel honored when they share their dreams with me; I get excited about the visions they have to create beautiful spaces and connections; I want to support their art. Lately, I have found myself offering my support in a way that is new for me.

I usually say something like this: "I would enjoy supporting you and your work. Please let me know what I can do to be supportive." I never used to do this because I was afraid of being taken advantage of...I was afraid of invoking suspicion in others....I was afraid...

My fear kept me from one of the most basic pleasures in life, the pleasure derived from contributing to the lives of others in meaningful ways. I suspect that on some level we are here to serve each other. What would the world be like if we offered ourselves in service to the world without fear or apology?

No comments:

Post a Comment