Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 162

Working at home allows me to control my own schedule. Unfortunately, I sometimes forget to schedule a day off. With this in mind I proclaimed today to be an official holiday from work. Once the proclamation was made I had to decide what to do.

I've found that slowing down the brain is crucial to relaxation. For me, there are few things more relaxing than cooking. Now I'm not talking about the kind of cooking you do when you have hungry children to feed. I'm talking about the kind of creative culinary experiences that engage all of the senses.

Making cookies in my kitchen as I listen to NPR is my idea of heaven. I love the ooze of raw cookie dough between my fingers. Of course the only thing that compares to the smell of fresh baked cookies is biting into one: hot, crispy on the edges and gooey in the middle.

When I am baking cookies the rest of the world seems very far away. When I am ready to reconnect, I have cookies to share. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment