Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 177

I finally joined Facebook and I am trying to develop a Facebook page. It all sort of makes me feel like I am back in junior high. My mom told me she has over 100 friends. I only have one and it's her. I never had a lot of friends in school. I blamed the fact that I was never in the same school for more than 1 year but secretly feared that it was something else...something missing...something wrong...

I never really tried to fit in. I was a drama geek who wore long skirts, black tights and flats. I still can't identify the latest fashion. Just last week I started noticing the initials DG stamped every wear on sunglasses and t-shirts. I let my imagination run wild but never did unlock the code. I am obviously out of the loop. I am not one of the cool kids and I suspect I never will be.

Does anyone ever really graduate from junior high or do we just keep reliving it? Maybe the desire to be popular, to rise to the top of the social ladder, is built into our DNA. But we can't all be star quarterbacks and head cheerleaders. Perhaps real success comes from learning to be ourselves. I'm still working on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment