Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 173

I committed to a project, to conduct an assessment for an organization that I belong to. Now I find my motivation to complete this project waning. I have to remind myself why I committed in the first place.

Committing to this project was a way to contribute to others in the group and to the community in a meaningful way. At times I am not so sure I am doing that. Perhaps my findings will make some people uncomfortable. Perhaps they will be disruptive.

I suppose it all comes down to integrity. I made a commitment and following through meets my need for integrity. I have to realize that I am not responsible for the outcome. I agreed to do the footwork, without any guarantees. How other people respond to my work is their business.

Some days I just need a little pep talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment