Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 86

I just returned from a 2 day women's retreat on Lake Coeur d'Alene. It was wonderful but I am glad to be home. Homesickness sets in when I am away from home for even a few days. I am a nester. I enjoy the company of my close friends and family. I am comforted by familiar surroundings. When I am away I miss the everyday routines that are a foundation in my life.

This morning, after only two days away, I experienced a renewed appreciation for my routine. I got out of bed, checked my email, had a simple breakfast and my favorite tea, and read. I took my allergy medications and used my neti pot and my steam inhaler. I spoke to my mom on the phone and graded a few papers. It was all very ritualistic and calming.

Some might think my life boring; I prefer to think of it as monastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment