Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 83

I am getting ready to leave for a short trip - a weekend women's retreat. I have been with this group before and I know that it will be fun and nurturing. And yet there is a little bit of apprehension. I am always a little nervous about traveling, even short distances.

I was in a serious car accident when I was 17. I learned that life can change in an instant. That message is still with me anytime I head out in a car. It is a curse and a blessing. It is hard for me to fully enjoy getting away because I am so aware of what I am leaving behind.

My "bucket list" doesn't include sky diving or traveling to India. I am certain that if I had only a short time to live I would want to spend it with those I love: my mom, my son and my husband. The moments with them are like pieces of elaborate blown glass. I am trying to learn to hold them loosely in the palm of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment