Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 71

I routinely eat "too much." I'm not even sure what the right amount of food might be. Then there's the question: What food should I eat? The amount of information that I am bombarded with in regard to food is overwhelming. Feeding myself has become so complicated.

Lately I have had the desire, every so often, to just stop eating. A couple of months ago I fasted for a couple of days. It was illuminating. First, my hunger was much less frequent and intense than I expected. Second, my cravings diminished. Third, my mind felt clearer.

However, over time my cravings and attachments to certain foods returned. I find myself once again overwhelmed with how to feed myself . Perhaps it's time to take another break from eating. In my ongoing battled with food, retreat seems to be an effective strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment