Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 190

When I was little, my mom used to say, "Debbie, you are always so afraid that you are going to miss something." I would sometimes stand with my legs crossed, avoiding a trip to the bathroom, for fear that some amazing truth would be revealed or some incredible event when take place in my absence.

Sometimes today I find myself at a meeting or event where my needs are not being met. I attend and stay because my friends are there. I want to be included; I want to belong. I don't want to miss anything.

The truth is: I miss a lot of things this way. There are endless choices and multiple paths to pursue. When I pursue a path that does not lead to my own fulfillment I cut myself off from other possibilities. As I get older I am less patient with squandering my time in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment