Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 354

I love having Kat here and yet it is disruptive to my normal routines. She has taken over the space I normally use as an office. It is also my meditation space. I have lost my home base. I feel unsettled and tense.

Through meditation, I have learned that my tension generally resides in a space at the base of my abdomen. I experience it as a knot in the pit of my stomach. I have trained myself, when I am tense, to breath into this space. As I close my eyes and focus on my breathing, the space begins to expand, the tightness is relieved.

This disruption in my routine is good because it reminds me that I can establish a home base wherever I am. By focusing my awareness on my breathing, I am reminded that home is here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment